Thursday, September 27, 2012

"Pakistan disowns bounty on filmaker"  written by Rebecca Santana and  published on September 25, 2012 in the Deseret News.  Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Bilour offered a $100,000 bounty for anyone who killed the man behind the film that mocked the Prophet Mohammad.  The government issued a statement that  the statement was Bilour's personal view and not the country's.  I'm not sure I believe that but I suppose that would be the politically correct thing to do, but given how they feel about the whole "free speech" thing I'm surprised that only a statement was issued and not an arrest warrant.  I mean if a person made a public statement against the wishes of the Pakistan government I thought there would be some sort of penalty.  I guess we are not the only country whose citizens speak their minds...although I believe we have laws against inciting people to commit violent crimes.  Hmmmm!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe he didn't get arrested for offering that bounty! I agree with you that the government just released that statement to be politically correct and not be responsible for it. I think they would have done something more if they really didn't agree with Bilour.

    ReplyDelete